D.Electron designs and produces digital drives for:
- 400Vac brushless motors (axes)
- 400Vac linear motors (axes)
- 400Vac torque motors (axes)
- 400Vac induction motors (spindles)
- 400Vac field-weakiening synchronous motors (spindles)
Z-Star2 drives system is composed of a power supply module that generates the 600Vdc bus and various power modules connected to the DC bus.
The communication between drives and Master-Link is done through an optical fibre connection: the optical fibre connection departs from the Master-Link, passes through all the servodrives and returns back to the Master-Link creating a loop connection, also called Z-Star2 channel.